Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Forgive me

So anyone that knows me, knows that I have spent the last 3 or 4 years throwing Nikolai Khabibulin under the bus. And in some ways he really had it coming.
But I digress. THIS year, Khabibulin has actually played up to not just his contract but also to his billing as a Stanley Cup winning caliber goaltender. So I'm giving up on the bus tossing. I'm letting go of my compulsion to mention his name every time someone says they need goaltending. I'm going to be civil to my good friend, Nikolai. I'll even be down right nice.
No foolin'!

Hands down, Niko has played like a man possessed. I don't know if it's because it's a contract year or if it's because Huet is right there. But he has been so damn good he is the only Western Conference goaltender I feel has the right to bitch if he doesn't go to the All Star game. Seriously. He's been that damn good and that damn dominant.

So Niko, here's to perestroika. Let's be friends. Hands Across America, and all that jazz.

No comments: