Thursday, October 16, 2008

Holy shitballs!

I'm riding high on last night's victory. I'm giving myself the 4th star for that shred piece I did on my team on Tuesday. I think it really lit the fire under them. Okay probably not.

Anyway so I figure the first 3 games were a complete fluke, and now we're back on track. But then someone sends me a link to the unexpected article. Denis Savard fired. Joel Quennville hired. It's probably the biggest bomb shell that's been dropped in a long time.

I'm thoroughly convinced this happened because I was prepared and wrote my Panel Blog for my partner website "The Arena Program" early.

Last time I wrote early the Blackhawks snagged Scotty Bowman.

I don't know what to think of all these happenings. Savvy out? On one hand I'm sort of happy, because we obviously were outcoached the first three games. On the other hand I really liked Savard's attitude and personality. I'm gonna miss Savvy as head coach. I really am.

But if Joel can get the PP going, the team steps up another level, makes the playoffs, and goes deep in said playoffs; I think it would be a welcome change. In addition on the "other hand", Getting a REAL head coach for the first time since before the lockout is a step in the right direction. I'm not sure how much I like the timing though.

I guess they liked the anticipation, twists, and turns so much they wanted to continue the feeling.
That's all I got for today. So until next time, Keep your stick down, and don't leave your feet.

1 comment:

mbeck300 said...

yeah.. weird... lets see what happens.

Ive heard rumors that Savy is a guys guy... a great guy.. but not a great coach... I've also heard he is super Naive...maybe Q can spark something and get them to perform like we know they can.