Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Conspiracy Theory

It's that time of the year when nothing is really going on. Which perfectly goes hand in hand with the rumor mill, the speculation factory, and the conspiracy theory workshop all ramping up to the highest possible out put. Everyone has an idea, gut feeling, or hunch and they think you want to hear it. Most of what you're going to hear is complete horse puckey. So be careful out there kids.

The thing that irks me the most is that I am waiting for a very special episode where Dad (as played by Dale Tallon) sends his eldest son off (as played by Nikolai Khabibulin). It'll be the Season Finale. The whole season will end with a she-bang and a cliff hanger as everyone waits to see how everything comes out the next season.

But all of the "Insider information" I'm getting is only slightly less reliable than Wikipedia. The Conspiracy Theory bloggers are going full bore with no real leads.

There isn't any real hint beyond mind numbingly obvious speculations. I know alot of people think that Lang was dealt for cap space, and I won't deny that. HOWEVER, in my opinion it was step one of forcing someone's hand (LA?) to make a move for Khabibulin. If we deal Khabibulin we would have the room to bring a big contract player in. There's a small possibilty that Khabibulin will still get dealt with a big name with a big contract returning our way. But who that team would be is in question. I have a suspicion Khabi will be netminding in Colorado with either Budaj or Raycroft and a draft pick heading back to Chicago.

With the open space we can sign prospect camp stand out Mike Radja to a two way contract. We also would have room to clean up another NHL expierianced forward off someone else's cap busted roster.

None of this is probably true, but I like to dream. I never wanted Nikolai Khabibulin in the beautiful Indian Headed sweater, but he's here.....for now. I really want him to go away for good, and I spend alot of my free time day dreaming about him packing his suitcase and hitting the bricks. But hey, that's just me!

No comments: