Thursday, April 3, 2008

....If they know what's good for them!

That is a phrase I have been using quite frequently here lately. For instance today I have been saying "The St. Louis Blues had better fucking win!......if they know what's good for them!". Unfortunately winning a game doesn't really do shit for them. The only thing they've got to be thinking is knocking Nashville out of Playoff contention, or revenge for the game the other night when they got hosed. At any rate they better be up for tonight's game....if they know what's good for them.
I don't give a shit about the Blues or St. Louis Sports in general. All I care is that for one more day the Blackhawks' dreams of playoff contention are still alive. If St Louis could come through right here for me; I might call off that hit on Legace's knees I ordered. But then again maybe not. I'm a bit edgy right now. It's down to the wire. The Blackhawks have a slim chance of going to the Playoffs for the first time in like 6 years. It's quite simple really. All they have to do is beat Nashville once and then beat Detroit AGAIN on Sunday with the entire North American hockey community watching on TV. On the flipside Nashville cannot win another game or even have consecutive overtime losses. The Canucks can't go better than .500 and TA DA! Chicago goes to the Playoffs in a Cinerella Dream Story as a team that came out of nowhere and shored up the 8th slot. It's in the net. Oh! It's in the net. They gotta be happy with that!
Now you should get behind me and root for the Blackhawks....if you know what's good for you.

No comments: